The goal of the CareerEdge Funders Collaborative Manatee & Sarasota is to make targeted investments in specific industry sectors that will support the movement of at least 300 people into promising, career-oriented jobs, support at least 10 area employers in their efforts to train and advance employees into middle skill jobs, serve as a regional knowledge resource – conducting research and impact assessments and publishing findings that inform regional workforce development strategies -- and stimulate greater regional planning and cooperation.
MISSION STATEMENT: Our mission is to provide an exceptional labor force to a region's growing industries by leveraging community assets and forming high-performing workforce partnerships.
VISION STATEMENT: CareerEdge will be known as the region's distinguished workforce development organization that promotes economic prosperity through strong employer-labor partnerships.
Current Local Funding Partners
- Gulf Coast Community Foundation
- The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
- The Bradenton Central Community Redevelopment Agency
- Suncoast Workforce
- The Downtown Development Authority
- Bradenton 14th Street CRA
- Manatee Community Action Agency
- Bank of America
- Sarasota County Government
- Jane's Trust
- Microsoft Elevate America
- Other public and private partners
- Trained 165 current employees at Blake Hospital to receive trauma certifications and licenses.
- Provided job readiness testing and attitude training for two local manufactures to hire 282 new employees.
- Created system change within the educators to facilitate a streamline system for working with employers.
- Facilitate and establish collaboration and partnerships among community partners that had never worked together on projects and grants of mutual interest.
- CareerEdge Evaluator Progress Report 2012
- CareerEdge Funders Collaborative Evaluator Report Fourth Quarter, 2012
- Case Study: Bridging the Skills Gap - A Story of Economic Impact
- Sarasota-Manatee Manufacturing Survey Results
- CareerEdge Funders Collaborative Evaluator Report Second Quarter, 2012
- Community Wide Plan for Sarasota County
- Impact Analysis: The effect of CareerEdge in workers' lives and for the Gulf Coast regional economy 2011 & 2012
- CareerEdge Systems Change Report May 2012
- A letter of testimony to CareerEdge's impact especially to abilities of the State College of Florida to more effectively serve employers and individuals in their community. Signed by David Auxier, Director of Workforce Solutions, State College of Florida.
- "Building Workers" Biz (941) • April 2012
- "Organization gives employers and workers an edge" Sarasota-Bradenton Herald-Tribune • October 3, 2011
- "In Tough Economy, CareerEdge Charts 159 New Jobs, 84 Worker Raises" Gulf Coast Business Review • September 15, 2011
- "Employers' New Edge" Gulf Coast Business Review • July 21, 2011
- "Tervis to launch career development effort" Tampa Bay Business Journal • May 3, 2011
- "Sarasota-Bradenton jobs effort gets $209,000 grant" Sarasota-Bradenton Herald-Tribune • February 4, 2011