The SEIU 1199NW Multi-Employer Training Fund is a joint labor-management training partnership providing opportunities for career advancement to incumbent health care workers at member hospitals. SkillUp Washington is providing funding for two different projects managed by the Training Fund.
The first provides tuition costs for training and upgrading of up to 65 workers in SEIU 1199NW’s service bargaining unit (predominantly environmental and food service workers). Due to funding limitations, the Training Fund has been unable to serve workers in this unit. The second project provides gap funding for green training of up to 70 front line workers and supervisors at Northwest Hospital and Medical Center. This training is a continuation of the successful Basic Green Training originally designed under the SEIU’s Healthcare Career Advancement Program (H-CAP).
- SEIU Healthcare 1199NW Multi-Employer Training Fund;
- Highline Medical Center
- Northwest Hospital & Medical Center
- Swedish Medical Center – Edmonds
- Valley Medical Center;
- Seattle Central Community College
- North Seattle Community College
- Lake Washington Technical College;
- Multiple workforce boards
- Washington State Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board
- Washington State Board for Community & Technical Colleges