The Regional Alliance for Careers in Health (ReACH) is a coalition of healthcare employers and foundations from across the metropolitan Washington region (DC, MD, VA) who are working together to address pressing workforce challenges.
The purpose of ReACH is to catalyze a regional approach toward policy and systemic reforms that enhance development of the industry’s entry level workforce and to test and facilitate implementation of effective practices. ReACH defined its three strategic goals as:
- Advance regional solutions that address the health care industry’s current workforce needs.
- Facilitate policy and systemic reforms that enhance the ‘portability’ of workers’ credentials throughout the region.
- Promote the development of career pathways for low income health workers.
Employers who have been engaged include
- Adventist Healthcare
- Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Capital Health Careers
- CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Children’s National Medical Center
- Dimensions Healthcare System
- Doctors Community Hospital
- Family & Nursing Care
- George Washington University Hospital
- Holy Cross Hospital
- Howard University Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente
- MedStar Health
- Novant Health
- Potomac Hospital
- Providence Hospital
- Sibley Memorial Hospital
- Suburban Hospital
- Virginia Hospital Center
- Washington Hospital Center